New to Home Education?
Just Getting Started? We can help you!
- First, by connecting you with others in your area
And finally, by praying for and being available to you! Contact us anytime.
What is Home Education?
Home education is when parents take direct responsibility for the education of their children. How it is done can vary greatly according to each family but all families seek to obtain optimum results in academics and character training.
What is HENB?
Formed in 1996, the Home Educators of New Brunswick (HENB) is a Christian non-profit organization made up of volunteers who desire to serve home educators and local support groups in New Brunswick, regardless of religious affiliation. The HENB Board is composed of volunteer families across the province who care about home education and connecting families to resources.
- Connect: HENB seeks to connect home educating families with local support groups, provide information about home education and resources.
- Advocate: HENB will advocate with the government and with educational institutions (such as Universities and Community Colleges) on behalf of home educating students across NB.
- Support: Local support groups are provided with resources to better support their members. Local chapter leaders are provided with support through a leadership breakfast each fall.
- Educate: HENB helps educate home educating families through its HENB Conference each June and provides a Professional Development Day for educators during the school year.