2016 HENB Conference
One of the biggest event organized by HENB, the annual conference brings together hundreds of home educating families in one place to share, learn, encourage and inspire each other on this great journey.
In order to allow as many families to come to the conference as possible, HENB is providing several bursaries for families that may not have the necessary funds available otherwise. Please contact your local chapter’s representative for more information.
Key Note Speaker – Cori Dean
Cori Dean is a wife, a mom, a teacher and the proprietress of Maple Tree Publications. A degree in math and early Christian origins from the University of Toronto doesn’t compare to the education she has received through living with, raising and learning with her four young princesses.
After spending nearly 2 decades teaching math, Cori has now spent the last 8 years writing for and speaking to home educators and is the author and editor of several Maple Tree publications including “Working Together: Teamwork Starts at Home Base”.
When not doing school work or chores she enjoys reading and writing, gardening, cycling, scrap booking, and geocaching.
Cori and her husband Mark live in Bradford, Ontario and are in full-time ministry with The Shop Vehicle Donation Program, a program of Youth for Christ. Cori is also well known for “Come Sit by Me” which she co-authored.
For a full description of the various workshops, please see the Keynote and Workshop Descriptions document.
Friday May 27, 2016 and Saturday May 28, 2016
Sussex Wesleyan Church
280 St. George St., Sussex, New Brunswick
For the full schedule, please see the 2016 Conference Schedule document.
(All rates apply until April 26th, then they go back to regular price)
- Regular rooms:
- $99.00 (up to 2 people)
- $109.00 (up to 4 people)
- Add $10/person for any additional people
- Suites: $125.00
All Seasons Inn
- 1 double bed (1 person – add $10 per additional person): $66.60
- 2 double beds (2 people – add $10 per additional person): $80.10
- Rooms with fridge & stove: $98.10
- Usborne Books
- Young Entrepreneurs of North America
- The Learning House Inc
- Teaching Textbooks
- Gospel for Asia
- Creation Ministries International
- Accelerated Christian Education Canada
- Tree of Life School and Book Service
- Rod & Staff and more
- Geocaching Unlimited
- Music for Young Children
- Math – U – See
- Get Cardboard VR
Vendor Hall Registration
Please see the Vendor Hall Registration page to reserve your spot
Friday Night Teen Event: Geocaching
Teens (Grade 6-12) will have a chance to experience the fastest growing outdoor recreational activity in the world with Geocaching Unlimited. The event will be held on the school grounds. Price is $15 per teen and includes supper.
Saturday Kids Event: Snider Mountain
Snider mountain ranch is offering their program again this year for kids ages 5-14 (13 and 14 year olds could be junior leaders if they did not want to participate). Cost is $30 (incl. taxes) and includes lunch. The actual registration is done through their online registration site at: www.snidermountainranch.ca/register.
2015 HENB Conference
Another successful conference was organized by HENB this year. The event kicked off with 4 workshop choices followed by a workshop for the men, some networking for the ladies and even a teen session. Saturday was filled with a variety of workshops and of course the keynote speaker who got rave reviews from participants. Believe it or not, planning for next year’s conference has already begun so mark your calendars for May 27th and 28th, 2016.
Here are some of the comments that were given about the 2015 HENB Conference:
- Loved the keynote speaker( excellent spiritual, thought provoking Godly content) and loved the coffee and amazing snacks! Thank you!
- I liked the meeting new moms, used curriculum sale and feeling refreshed and motivated.
- I loved being able to talk to the recruiters from university and colleges!
- Norm was amazing!! He encouraged me to grow in my Christian life, to teach my children how to grow as Christians and to keep the strong Christian influence.
- Great treats! The networking with other home educators was wonderful.