2021 Annual Conference
Join us for our first ever online conference. Although we can’t meet in person this year, we have planned a fabulous morning for you to enjoy that is full of special sessions, a variety of curriculum reviews, door prizes and vendor specials! Round up a few friends from your “bubble” and have some company while you watch!
Note: We had to postpone Heidi St. John again due to border restrictions. We hope to see her in Moncton in 2022.
Saturday, April 24, 2021, 9 am – 12 pm
(The conference will be available for viewing until April 30, 2021.)
The deadline to sign up to be eligible to win prizes was Friday, April 23, 2021 at 11:59 pm. You may still sign up and view the conference until April 30, 2021.
This year we have two popular speakers offering two sessions each!
Diane Geerlinks is a Professionally Certified Educational Therapist, Director of NILD Canada (National Institute for Learning Development) and operates GeerLINKS Learning Centre. She is a motivational speaker and brings her 25 years of homeschool experience to each workshop presentation. In 2009, Diane trained as an NILD Educational Therapist and has since continued to pursue her passion for learning with particular focus on the neuroplasticity of the brain and how we can improve our capacity for learning at any age. Diane is a lively and passionate speaker and presents at educators’ conferences across Canada.
Sonya Shafer is a popular homeschool speaker and writer, specializing in the Charlotte Mason Method. She has been on an adventure for more than 20 years studying, researching, practicing, and teaching Charlotte’s gentle and effective methods of education. Her passion for homeschooling her own four daughters grew into helping others and then into Simply Charlotte Mason, which publishes her many books and provides a place of practical encouragement to homeschoolers at simplycharlottemason.com.
- Better Late Than Early or Early than Late? – Diane Geerlinks All children learn and grow at their pace…from rolling over as infants to crawling, to talking, to toilet training, to learning the alphabet. Homeschool parents are told over and over again ‘Don’t worry…they’ll catch on eventually’. Although this is somewhat reassuring for a homeschool mom who has tried everything to get their child to read, she wonders, “Is it fact? Do I dare wait?” In this workshop, Diane, veteran homeschool mom and trained educational therapist will debunk some myths, discuss some red flags and offer some tips and encouragement for the journey.
- Back to the Basics – Teaching the 3 R’s – Diane Geerlinks As homeschool parents, we work hard at finding ways to check off the basics in our school days. Truth be told, sometimes this is all we can manage to accomplish! What if you could be trained to understand the reading, writing and math fundamentals so you could pass on these skills to all of your children regardless of the curriculum you chose? In this workshop, we will demonstrate and discover new concepts using the Socratic method of questioning and mediation. We will discuss how you, as parent educators, can be furthered trained in NILD Canada’s Rx for Reading, Writing and Math so you can help your students succeed!
- Learning with Living Books – Sonya Shafer Good living books feed our children a feast of ideas, not just dry facts. Join Sonya for a look at this simple, yet effective, approach to true education. Learn what makes living books “living,” and practice using them in a way that makes learning stick.
- Laying Down the Rails— Sonya Shafer Discover the secret to smooth and easy days: habit training. Learn how to instill good habits, which habits Charlotte Mason encouraged parents to cultivate in their children, and practical tips for cultivating the Top Three.
Over a dozen local New Brunswick homeschool parents will be reviewing their favourite curriculum.
The conference will be premiered on You Tube via a live broadcast of pre-recorded sessions starting at 9 am on April 24, 2021. It will be available to view until Friday, April 30.
A big draw to our annual conference is seeing and connecting with friends while listening to great speakers. Our present circumstances make in person conferences impossible, but that doesn’t mean you can’t round up some other homeschool moms in your “bubble” and have a great time viewing together!
$10 per family
Or FREE when you purchase your 2021-2022 HENB membership for $20 when registering for the conference. This membership is valid until May 15, 2022. Click here for benefits of becoming a member.
Note: Fees are non-refundable
Conference attendees will receive an electronic conference brochure with will show details from all participating vendors with special offers, free ship codes and freebies.
- Accelerated Christian Education Canada
- Association Creation et Science (ACS)
- Advanteg Products – Letterland Canada
- Canadian Home Education Resources
- Classical Conversations Canada
- Clear Water Press
- Creation Ministries International-Canada
- Ethnos Canada
- Ethnos 360 Bible Institute
- GeerLINKS Educational Therapy & Consulting
- Have Tutor Will Teach
- Heritage Resources
- HSC Homeschool Canada Inc.
- HSLDA Canada
- Huntsman Marine Science Centre
- The KinderArt Club
- Learning House
- Toys, Tools and Treasures
- MathCanada Distributors or Math-U-See
- Music for Young Children
- NILD Canada (National Institute for Learning Development)
- Rod & Staff – firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-902-301-5326
- Roots by the River
- Simply Charlotte Mason
- Tree of Life School and Book Service
- Usborne Books at Home Canada
If you would like to register as a vendor, please click here.
Over 25 prizes have been donated by curriculum suppliers and local businesses! Attendees who registered before April 24, 2021 were automatically entered into the draw for a chance to win prizes.
Payment Methods Accepted
We use Paypal to process payments. Payment methods accepted are Paypal, credit and Visa debit. A Paypal account is not necessary to pay with credit or Visa debit, you can just click “check out as guest” when the Paypal window opens.
“Getting Started” Workshops
This year we are planning to offer “Getting Started” workshops for new homeschoolers at a later date and not part of our regular conference. Stay tuned for more details.